Friday, October 22, 2010

Getting Your Own Website!

Welcome back to my Internet Marketing Newsletter!

We, quite often have been told that we do not need a website, my newsletter
will tell you otherwise and I totally agree. We do need a website for many reasons. The most important of which is self branding. Building a site for me was very challenging and I am sure many of you will find that also and may ask yourself if it is worth it. My answer is "YES". You not only brand yourself you will be able to build leads for your business and do a little selling of your own products or services or do reselling for others. A website can be another great source for extra income.

The next thing you will need is hosting. There are many great hosting companies out there, check around, you can find good hosting for just a few dollars a month, it is certainly well worth it. I like "1&1", it has been working very well for me. You can google hosting to find one what fits you and your budget. Just be sure you read the terms and policies, be sure it is what you are looking for and do not overpay for hosting. I have found it isn't always about the cost but the service and content.

Before looking for hosting you will need a Domain Name for your website. A domain name is alsoa branding tool and helps to get us noticed. I always try to find a domain name that is broad in scope...Here again there are many places out there where you can find a domain. I like "GoDaddy" as it is one of the better ones and very reasonably priced. Here too shop around to purchase your domain name.